Fitness Network sell a wide variety of Home Treadmill, Light Commercial Treadmills and Commercial Treadmills. All Treadmills are delivered free of charge in South Africa.
Treadmills remain a firm favourite in cardio workouts. Nowadays there are many different treadmills to choose from depending on what you want to get from your workout. Treadmills are one of the most traditional pieces of home fitness equipment and come in many shapes, sizes and prices. There are many types of treadmills these include, fold up treadmills (great for space saving), models designed for walkers, heavy duty treadmills designed for runners with a heart rate monitor included. There are many brands of treadmill, many different treadmill designs and features. Here are some top tips that you should look out before buying your treadmill:
• Ensure that the Treadmill you are looking to buy is nice and sturdy
• The Treadmill should have a wide running belt and be long enough to accommodate your stride
• Your Treadmill should provide good shock absorption or cushioning
• Treadmills should allow you to vary your workout by adjusting elevation and speed
• Your Treadmill should allow you to adjust the elevation and speed and should have a selection of different programmes
There are a number of unscrupulous "retailers" who will will tell you that the motor is the most important part of the treadmill, followed by our treadmills have a 6 horse power motor, what they neglect to tell you that this is the "peak" maximum output of the motor. Treadmill motors are not governed and hence a retailer / supplier can pretty much put what they want on the product spec. Very frustrating! And then you wonder why the price is so good?
Ideally you should purchase a treadmill with a 2HP continuous duty motor or bigger for the home. A DC motor for the home is superb, and with the warranties that our chosen supplier offer on their motors it is not always necessary to spend the additional money on an AC motor. What you lose in features you may gain in motor but Im not sure about you but I need to remain engaged while working out!
Treadmill types and uses
- There are 4 different types of treadmills,
- Home use treadmills - used by the family - max 3 hrs per day
- Light Commercial Treadmills - these are used by personal trainers, office gyms etc - max 5 hrs per day
- Commerical treadmills - Used by small private gyms - max 8 hrs per day
- Club Grade Treadmills - Used by the likes of Virgin Active, Planet Fitness - in excess of 8 hrs per day
Our warranties are comprehensive - what it says on the box is what we do!
No Products were found!